- This event has passed.
November 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Day 2: COVID-19, Community Health and What the Pandemic Has Revealed
Audience: frontline service providers, analysts, program administrators
- Session 1: How COVID-19 Pulled Back the Curtain: Systematic Issues Brought Forward During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- This introductory talk will, following the acknowledgements, start off the conference with a look at the systems issues that disproportionately impact marginalized communities, much of which was revealed to the larger community during the continued global COVID-19 pandemic. This will introduce the ideas of how these systems are not built for all and the need for change to better serve the broader community.
- Session 2: Race-Based Data and Community Health
- This panel discussion will focus on racism and data, looking specifically at COVID-19 data and the racist implications of it. It will also look at the reciprocal relationship we have with technology, in that we rely on it to be an unbiased source to collect information on despite its inherent bias in that it is developed by humans.
Please contact Allegra Morgado, 2SLGBTQ+ Special Projects Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions.
- Adjust Your Lens IV: Examining our Systems Speaker & Session Information and Community Guidelines - November 5, 2020
- Championing Spaces Session 1-3: Highlights of the Social Health Needs Discussions - August 3, 2020
- Solidarity Statements from Members of the 2SLGBTQ+ Collaborative of Peel Region - July 14, 2020