- This event has passed.
November 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Equity in Allied Health Systems: Where We’ve Gone Wrong (and How to Change)
Audience: youth workers, social workers, health promoters, psychotherapists, clinical counsellors, psychiatrists
- Session 1: Protecting Vulnerable Youth: Examining the Historical Impact on the Mental Health of Queer Youth in our Healthcare System
- Youth are often discussed as one of the most vulnerable populations we as service providers work with, especially those with intersecting marginalized identities. Despite this many youth have been subjected to harmful treatment from service providers with lasting impact. Looking at this from the perspective of trans youth and Indigenous youth, what are the harms our youth have dealt with and how can we ensure we are not continuing this harm with those we work with now.
- Session 2: Intentional Inclusion: Actively Centring Racism and Other Relevant SDOH in Your Practice
- What does it mean to be intentionally inclusive? This session will explore this idea with a focus on BIPOC and 2SLGBTQ+ clients and how you can ensure your practice is meeting the needs of all folks who walk trough your door.
Please contact Allegra Morgado, 2SLGBTQ+ Special Projects Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions.
- Adjust Your Lens IV: Examining our Systems Speaker & Session Information and Community Guidelines - November 5, 2020
- Championing Spaces Session 1-3: Highlights of the Social Health Needs Discussions - August 3, 2020
- Solidarity Statements from Members of the 2SLGBTQ+ Collaborative of Peel Region - July 14, 2020