- This event has passed.
November 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Space for Us All: Housing, Employment and the Barriers Folks Face
Audience: childcare workers, housing workers, shelter workers, case managers, social workers, health promoters, employment specialists, HR professionals
- Session 1: The Roof Doesn’t Cover Us All: Inaccessibility in Housing for Marginalized Communities
- For Day 3’s introductory discussion, following the acknowledgements, we will take a look at the barriers to housing for marginalized folks and how the basic need of shelter is inaccessible for so many people who face marginalization and oppression. This session will have a specific focus on queer folks, BIPOC and folks in marginalized age groups (e.g. youth and seniors).
- Session 2: Marketing Inclusivity: How to Use Marketing Tools to Showcase Your Inclusive Workplace
- This capacity building session will allow participants to use their leanings to create authentically inclusive marketing for programs and hiring. Participants will bring a flyer or posting that they will review during the session while learning tips and tricks to market their agency as an inclusive space for employees and clients alike.
Please contact Allegra Morgado, 2SLGBTQ+ Special Projects Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions.
- Adjust Your Lens IV: Examining our Systems Speaker & Session Information and Community Guidelines - November 5, 2020
- Championing Spaces Session 1-3: Highlights of the Social Health Needs Discussions - August 3, 2020
- Solidarity Statements from Members of the 2SLGBTQ+ Collaborative of Peel Region - July 14, 2020