June 24 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
An introductory training on 2SLGBTQ+ inclusion for service providers in the Peel Region.
This training will provide staff and volunteers with a breadth of introductory 2SLGBTQ+ terminology, concepts, and theories. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to brainstorm the necessary skills and practices to be supportive allies to diverse members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
1. Build a common understanding of significant 2SLGBTQ+ concepts and explore the idea of “intersectionality” (Crenshaw, 1989).
2. Understand the appropriate terms to use in reference to 2SLGBTQ+ communities and individuals.
3. Define and differentiate the concepts that are under assigned sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexuality
4. Debunk common stereotypes/myths about 2SLGBTQ+ communities and examine the four types of microaggressions.
5. Brainstorm and reflect upon the skills and practices needed to be a good ally to diverse 2SLGBTQ+ communities.
6. Identify ways that allies can address 2SLGBTQ+ oppressions and discriminations.
- #Pride365: Live, Laugh, Love, Lesbians (Lesbian Visibility Day) - April 28, 2021
- COVID-19 Resources: April 2021 - April 8, 2021
- #Pride365: Accessing quality trans healthcare with your general practitioner - March 30, 2021