- This event has passed.
June 8 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Using an anti-oppressive and anti-racist framework, this training will examine the process of developing organizational inclusion and responsiveness to diverse 2SLGBTQ+ communities. These capacity building sessions address the important need to create and foster organizational spaces where 2SLGBTQ+ individuals feel valued, affirmed, welcomed and celebrated for their sexual and gender identities.
The training sessions will address the various steps that can be taken at the management level in order to provide and deliver 2SLGBTQ+ equitable services and supports. It will operate as a “mini-assessment” that will explore your workplace’s mission, vision, programming, service delivery, data entry forms, policies, procedures, protocols, signage, webpage, images, organizational culture, staff knowledge and washroom access.
This training is being offered as condensed, 2-day session on Zoom due to the current COVID context. The dates and times for this iteration are:
Tuesday, June 8th, 2021 from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm.
Both dates are required to be attended in order to complete the training. Approximately two (2) hours worth of supplementary content will be sent out a minimum of one (1) week prior to the first date that is expected to be read prior to the commencement of the training.
We recommend attendees have a base knowledge of 2SLGBTQ+ terminology and concepts to get the most out of this training. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure if this training is a good fit for you!
This training opportunity is recommended for middle management, executive leadership and board members who have opportunities to create systemic and structural change within their organization.
- Build a common understanding of significant 2SLGBTQ+ concepts and explore the idea of “intersectionality” (Crenshaw, 1989).
- Review the roles/duties that Leadership/Management has in fostering Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Brainstorm and reflect upon the importance of having and building queer and trans inclusion policies/procedures into your respective organizations.
- Examine the ways organizations can foster inclusive and welcoming spaces/cultures for diverse 2SLGBTQ+ communities
- Identify the skills and practices needed to be good allies to diverse 2SLGBTQ+ communities.
- Consider the ways that allies can address 2SLGBTQ+ oppressions and discriminations.
- #Pride365: International Overdose Awareness Day – Harm Reduction & 2SLGBTQ+ Communities - August 31, 2021
- #Pride365: Disability Justice in Queer Communities - July 29, 2021
- #Pride365: Rainbow Washing - June 30, 2021